What do I need to apply for a clinical clerkship or externship?

  1. Please fill out and submit the USA Clerkships Application Form.
  2. Letter of good standing from school or medical diploma
  3. CV/resume
  4. Photocopy or scan passport photo page or U.S. drivers license or state ID
  5. Proof of recent physical exam (within 12 months) – may be required
  6. Immunization records – MMR, tetanus, and Hep B. Negative PPD results within the past 12 months. (If positive PPD, you need chest x-ray report within the past 12 months. – may be required
  7. Personal Health Insurance – your source or: – optional
  8. HIPAA Training ( and OSHA bloodborne pathogen ( – optional
  9. $250 non-refundable application or registration fee

How long is the Clinical Hands-on Clerkship / Externship and what is the cost?

  • Minimum 4 weeks – $1400
  • Additional weeks – $300/week

I am an international student. How do I get a visa to travel to the US?

  1. Go to
  2. Apply for Business Visitor Visa (B1)
  3. Purpose of your travel: Training
    “_______________ has been accepted for a voluntary non-paid supervised training clerkship or externship with USA Clerkships. I will receive no payment or income from this training program and intend to leave the United States when the program is completed.”
  4. If you have any questions regarding your visa, please e-mail us at

What is your cancellation policy?

  • Refer to the Clinical Clerkship / Externship Agreement.
  • In the event that the program is cancelled because of uncertainties beyond the control of USA Clerkships, including but not limited to civil disturbance, strike, electrical outage, explosions, fire, flood, hurricane, tornado or other acts of God, an act of war, or terrorism, the student / extern expressly agrees to waive any claim that he or she or it may have against USA Clerkships for damages or compensation including but not limited to fees for registration, housing, airfare, and incidental charges.